About Me

My photo
California, United States
Six sisters dedicated to making you beautiful inside and out! We give you our best advice in our individual expertise.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Mako "Thundershirt" Shark Gurell

So many people ask me why I would want a tough, fierce dog like a bull terrier. Truthfully, he is a lot of dog for me but his breed is also known to be "clowns"! And he is such a clown. He is always doing something silly and making all of us laugh. He has the biggest heart(he insisted on sleeping with Tommy every night when he was getting super old) and really is a softie(he lays on his back so Breeze thinks she is winning the rumble).

 Unfortunately, he also has lived up to his name, Mako Shark, since he was a baby. His favorite thing to do was bite people's wrists when they least expected it. Luckily, he has grown out of that habit. One habit he couldn't shake was chasing and biting his tail. I remember reading books about bull terriers before I got Mako and I always thought it would be terrible if my dog chased and bit his tail until it bled. Well Mako did better than just a little nibble and one relaxing Sunday evening decided to bite OFF a chunk of his own tail. Long story short..emergency surgery, tears and nearly one thousand dollars later Mako is a whole new Landshark! A shorter one.

After his surgery I was desperate for him to feel better and not be anxious and I would do whatever it took! He is my only son after all! I read the reviews for the Thundershirt and decided to give it a try. It has been the BEST investment. Mako loves to wear his shirt! It immediately calms him and he loses that terrible, anxious feeling. Mako will definitely be wearing his Thundershirt for years to come. Thank you Thundershirt people for giving my pup the peace he needed when his mom couldn't figure it out!






No comments:

Post a Comment