About Me

My photo
California, United States
Six sisters dedicated to making you beautiful inside and out! We give you our best advice in our individual expertise.

Monday, July 30, 2012

face cleanser

I used to work for Clinique.  Although I hated every minute of retail, dealing with all the annoying and crazy customers was worth it, beacuse I learned so much about all the makeup and skincare lines. The best perk about working in the cosmetic retail industry was all the gratis the companies would give us...including face wash. I am extremely hard to please when it comes to face soap. It's either too drying, too moisturizing, makes me break out, makes me itch... you name it I've complained it, but i always give products a chance. Over the years I've experimented with Sisely, Clarins, La Mer, La Prarie, Kiehl's, Clinique, Mac, Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Shisedo, Trish McEvoy, Benefit, Laura Mercier, Christian Dior (the list can go on for days)... All of these lines have different products I can't live without; however, the winner of face wash for me goes to Kiehl's foaming non-detergent washable cleanser. I always fall back on this cleanser. It's my ride or die. Recently I ran out of my dependable beloved cleanser so naturally I went into bloomingdales to pick some up. They were out. So I went to a few Kiehl's free standing stores, they were sold out too. Then nordstrom... they were out also. After I hit every store in LA I accepted that it's discontinued. Although extremely reluctant I settled to try Kiehls ultra facial oil-free cleanser. I LOVE IT!!! It's creamy in texture and lathers so much! The packaging is amazing because the hole is so small that you won't accidentally squeeze out too much and waste it.  My face feels squeaky clean, yet not at all stripped of its natural oils essential for healthy skin. It's a new line for normal to oily skin types. The line also has oil-free moisturizers and toner that I have yet to try, but if they are anything like the face wash I will be one happy chick with a clean face!

Following close behind is philosophy purity. For normal to dry skin. Leaves the skin calm and moisturized. The smell is amazing. This is my mom's favorite.

And lastly the best drug store brand and best bargain is Kirk's original cocoa castile. Talk about squeaky clean!

- Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment