About Me

My photo
California, United States
Six sisters dedicated to making you beautiful inside and out! We give you our best advice in our individual expertise.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Gluten Baby

For about nine months or so I took gluten out of my diet and I have never felt better! Ever since I was little my stomach would bloat occasionally after I ate. It would get so big that I remember people would say that I looked like I swallowed a watermelon. I never understood why so I just figured I had a big stomach and would live with it. Recently I went to my aunt who is a nutritionist. She did some tests on me and said I was allergic to wheat (gluten), corn, and soy. At first I was super good and took those all out of my diet. Since all I could pretty much eat is a carrot, I decided to add corn in slowly, and sometimes soy. Wheat is in pretty much everything so it was super hard at first, but now I have come up with a lot of alternative so it's a lot easier.
My dad made home made pizza the other night and since I have been so good I decided to cheat and have a few slices. Worst idea because I woke up looking 9 months pregnant and couldn't even shave my legs because my stomach was in the way. At least I'll know how it feels to be pregnant and will think nothing of it when I'm actually pregnant some day with a real baby and not a gluten baby (as my dad calls it)! I have now accepted I am going to have to be gluten free for the rest of my life unless some miracle happens and I'm cured. If anyone feels extremely bloated or has stomach pains after they eat try taking gluten out of your diet. It changed my life! Here's some healthy snacks that you should try that are gluten free!

<3 Sunny

Kale Chips. You can make your own or find them at Whole Foods. Get a bag of Kale and put a tiny bit of olive oil and salt on it and put it in the oven for around 15 min until they're crunchy.

Mango Chunks. I get mine at Trader Joe's.
 
Bean chips. So good! I found them at Vons.
Seaweed chips. I found them at Trader Joe's and Costco. They taste weird at first, but give it a few tries because you'll become obsessed!


Pro biotic yogurt. Sooo good!

Favorite Gluten free bread. Found it at Trader Joe's
Make french toast with it. Skip the syrup and use honey instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment