About Me

My photo
California, United States
Six sisters dedicated to making you beautiful inside and out! We give you our best advice in our individual expertise.

Friday, May 25, 2012

We used to be REALLY fun!

So I found this old video and it reminded me of the good old days when I was young and carefree. And Popular, fun, the life of the party, you get the idea. I could party on Wednesday night, then go teach Thursday morning and continue the party Thursday night and on into the weekend. Nowadays I'd rather walk my dog and then drink a margarita with the sisters while sticking my toes in the hot tub.

But now let me fill you in before you enjoy the video. So Summer and I went to college in San Diego and met these super HOT firefighters. These boys went to see this cover band every Wednesday night in PB called Metal Shop, so guess who our favorite band was... you got it... Metal Shop. Well Summer and I ended up seriously loving our Wednesday nights and even after the fire crew fell off the bandwagon we didn't care because we constantly were recruiting friends to join us(I think Shawna and even Autumn were regulars). Doesn't sound so bad right? What I haven't mentioned yet was we traveled 30 minutes one way to see them every Wednesday and one of our crazy friends ended up introducing us and we would talk to the band before or after the show. Serious groupies! haha! For a cover band! The band changed their name to Metal Skool and now many people recognize them as Steel Panther. If you have ever seen their shows you would know they are SO raunchy on stage, but when we knew them they could not have been nicer to us.

One day near Summer's birthday(August) they emailed us this You Tube video and seriously we screamed! So happy! So in love with them! Needless to say I was SO, SO JEALOUS! Every time I hear an 80's metal band(our faves were Def Leppard, GnR, Poison, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Warrent, Whitesnake, and even our former neighbor in Vegas, Slaughter!) it makes me SO happy. I get teary when I hear Sister Christian(by Night Ranger) because that is the song Summer and I dedicated to each other since Metal Skool rarely played it.

Steel Panther still play in LA and I keep telling the sisters that we need to see them soon. Maybe if we can recruit some old friends and new friends we could make a night of it! :)

By the way... we ARE still fun, but in a more chilled out way!




2 comments:

  1. I love reading all your blog posts! You guys are all as beautiful and funny as ever:)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still see them from time to time in LV :) It's great when someone sees them for the first time.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete